by Anrai

Alpha Update 2

January 20, 2014 in Uncategorized by Anrai

Small update!

I forgot to add that you need to add a shortcode to your pages.

This is the shortcode: [kommiku_base]

17 Comments

by Laksh

January 20, 2014 at 8:32 pm by Laksh

yeah. I know.
Is SEO Title added?

example :

when u visit any series its show BASE aka WP PAGE as all series , chapter and pages title.

by Anri

January 20, 2014 at 8:33 pm by Anri

Not at the moment

by CK13

January 27, 2014 at 7:12 am by CK13

So i set up a new site to test this.
I installed WP, set the permalinks to postname, i installed the plugin, created a series, dumped a chapter (a zip file with images), it uploaded fine, chapter was created with the pages.
My problem is when i try to go to the page of an image a get a Not found error.
I added the short code to the sample page and there it dispalys the series i have created but when i click on the link i get the same thing.
And the shortcode breaks my theme (twenty fourteen).

You can see here: http://wp3t.com/sample-page/

I can give you admin access to the website if you want.

by Anri

January 27, 2014 at 8:43 am by Anri

Hello! I seem “sample-page” as the base. Did you change in the settings the comic base to “sample-page”?

by CK13

January 27, 2014 at 9:58 am by CK13

So now i created a new page named manga as the comic base in the settings and added the shortcode.
It works, but what is the difference between the directory page and manga page ?

And all pages related to the plugin removes the wp admin bar.

by Anri

January 27, 2014 at 7:52 pm by Anri

I made the manga and directory by design. Directory is to help search for categories and maybe other materials. For example:

/directory/shounen/

where as

/manga/shounen/ can go to a manga called “shounen” but not the category.

And I am not sure bout why the wp admin bar is removed.

by CK13

January 28, 2014 at 3:23 pm by CK13

Thanks for the replies.
The plugin removes the footer from the theme too.
Am i the only one with this ?

by Laksh

January 29, 2014 at 9:34 pm by Laksh

i tested it. You can all custom template in it.

Working Good. But problem with Page slug.

example:
series = Naruto chapter = 664
if Page numbering is == Naruto-664-xx
so in TABLESS PAGE on or not page slug === Naruto-664-xx where it should be 1 to xx

by Laksh

January 29, 2014 at 9:46 pm by Laksh

sorry.
without TABLELESS its show PLAGE slug as Naruto-664-xx

by CK13

February 20, 2014 at 7:52 am by CK13

So i’ve been trying to fix the missing footer/sidebar/admin bar thing by myself but to no avail. It seems that what ever should be after the kommiku content is just not loaded (tested with the default themes and tempera theme).
The wordpress is a fresh install no other plugins besides kommiku.
Have you tried duplicating this ?

PS: for those having trouble dumping chapters, here is what caused me problems:
1st the slug should not contain any capital letters.
2nd set the FcgidMaxRequestLen Apache directive to a higher value (google it), “FcgidMaxRequestLen 524288000″ = 500mb. Also set “upload_max_filesize = 400M” and “post_max_size = 400M” in your php.ini.

by Anri

February 20, 2014 at 9:04 am by Anri

@Ck13, I may found your issue.

Link updated

Try this download and let me know if this fixes it.

The only thing I change is in the kommiku.php file so you just need to only replace/reupload that.

by CK13

February 20, 2014 at 9:14 am by CK13

Thanks for the fix. Really appreciate it.

by elen

February 24, 2014 at 9:43 am by elen

Hi, I really like this new version but I have a problem that I can’t solve.
I wrote the shortcode inside one of my pages and the plugin’s contents are displayed properly. On my wordpress template I wanted to add a widget area underneath the comic pages and so on (basically underneath whatever the plugin is displaying). When I do this the menu’s voices are not displayed :http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/nivis/online.jpg

I get a warning in localhost that says:
“Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, function ‘ta_modified_post_title’ not found or invalid function name in C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-includes\plugin.php on line 199″

If I move my widget area before the plugin everything is displayed properly though.
Do you know if it’s related to wp (I haven’t changed any code in the core by the way) or if it is some conflict between wp and kommiku.

by Anri

February 24, 2014 at 4:07 pm by Anri

I’m not sure, were you using v2 in the comment? If not, then I suggest redownloading it as I have made an update.

by elen

February 26, 2014 at 1:56 am by elen

Yes, I was using v2. I’ve downloaded v3 and uploaded it but now I can’t see the footer of my website anymore. It seems to be the same problem CK13 had with the previous version.

by Anri

February 26, 2014 at 3:03 am by Anri

I am not able to replicate the footer error. I wonder if the zip file is cache on your end.

Can you post your widget code in pastebin? What kind of widget are you trying to make?

Just stick with v2 as that is basically what v3 is with very minor edits.

by elen

February 26, 2014 at 1:46 pm by elen

I installed wp again in local and deleted the db and the plugin on the online version but with the v3 is still missing the footer so I went back to v2.
I am only putting a normal custom wordpress menu.I didn’t create any widget code.
http://tiny.cc/c4qwbx is the url of the website.

As you can see there are two widget areas (only to show you what is my problem, I’m going to cancel the upper one). They code for the widget area is exactly the same (http://pastebin.com/B98TWbpd the first line is on my page.php while the others are on the function.php inside my template). As you can see, in the lower widget area the custom menu is not displayed properly.
By the way,I tried the Twenty Fourteen theme with the same menu on the bottom widget area, and it display exactly the same as in my theme.